Baby, It's HOT outside!
The weather is definitely warming up and thirst-quenching is on everyone's mind. We wanted to share a few of our favorite go-to drink recipes with you so you can stay as cool and healthy as we dairy farmers do during sweltering July milkings!
ICED COCONUT CREME LATTE
Our afternoon pick-me-up before heading to the barn. Simple, yet so refreshing!
- A cup or two of leftover coffee from the morning pot (you can use our fave flavor, Coconut Creme, but any coffee will do)
- Ice cubes
- Sweetener of choice - stevia, organic cane sugar, blue, pink or yellow stuff, or none at all
- Real Milk (A2/A2, Grass-fed, Raw and Non-Homogenized from your Melody Holler Farm Herd Share, of course!!)
Fill your favorite large drink glass 1/3 full with leftover coffee (room temp or cooler). Add your sweetener of choice - enough to sweeten a full glass. Stir a little. Add ice cubes to about the 2/3 full mark. Get your milk from the fridge, shake well and fill your glass to the top. Stir a little more and ENJOY!
***To make it extra rich, you can add a tablespoon of heavy cream before the milk.
***To make an ADULT beverage version, add 2 oz of Coconut Rum before the milk.
Whether you're working out or workin' out in the yard, chocolate milk is the superior sports drink! It contains more electrolytes plus higher levels of protein, carbohydrates, and calcium than popular off-the-shelf drinks!
- 7 Cups of Real Milk (A2/A2, Grass-fed, Raw and Non-Homogenized from your Melody Holler Farm Herd Share, of course!!)
- 1/2 Cup hot water
- 1/2 Cup organic cane sugar (if you like it SWEET, you can use 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 Cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
Measure the 1/2 cup hot water into a glass 2-cup measuring cup. Add sugar, cocoa powder and salt. Mix well until the sugar is dissolved (I use a fork, but you can get out your hand blender if you like). Get your milk from the fridge, shake well, and measure 7 cups into a half-gallon container with a tight fitting lid. Add the chocolate mixture and the vanilla to the milk container. Put the lid on tight, and shake really well! Pour into your favorite glass and ENJOY!
Stay cool out there, and when you take a break, head on over and visit us at melodyhollerfarm.com